This website is dedicated to an extremely graphic and sexual franchise.
By clicking the button below, you certify that you are at least 18 years of age and are willing to view fictitious imagery of a highly explicit nature.
This button will also confirm your consent to the use of cookies for site data storage.

New Features, Bug Reports
Pages: « Previous
1 … 3 4 5 6 7
Next »
Larvae: 714
Fertilizations: 26
Joined: Feb 2026
【Elliemechanical】
Expert Demon Hunter
#51

【EchelonV】in post ID #1636
Damn! Very weird...

All right, while it's still a tiny bit rough around the edges in some areas, I think it's reasonable to say "go for it" any time now. If you want to attach a screenshot so people know it's more interesting-looking now, here's one you could use!

07-26-2026, 10:31 PM
Larvae: 488
Fertilizations: 23
Joined: Feb 2026
【EchelonV】
The King of Bugs
#52

That is a fun way to sell it with the new image/theme! I'll post about it this morning.

[Image: qw4yt6.jpg]
Inyouchuu Lover since ~2005~
07-27-2026, 08:57 AM
Larvae: 714
Fertilizations: 26
Joined: Feb 2026
【Elliemechanical】
Expert Demon Hunter
#53

Had another idea for a major site feature. I just added it to the first post, but I'll mention it here too. An optional alternate front page that displays posts directly (along with the most recent comment or, if applicable, the first unread comment) with unread stuff displayed first. It might make the site experience more familiar for users of modern social media, while still leaving the normal forum layout accessible to those who prefer it.

07-28-2026, 12:11 PM
Larvae: 488
Fertilizations: 23
Joined: Feb 2026
【EchelonV】
The King of Bugs
#54

"Recent Activity", yeah that can always be good to have.

[Image: qw4yt6.jpg]
Inyouchuu Lover since ~2005~
07-28-2026, 06:34 PM
Larvae: 714
Fertilizations: 26
Joined: Feb 2026
【Elliemechanical】
Expert Demon Hunter
#55

Playing around with the profile pages at the moment, wondering two things.

  1. Should user profiles be public, displayed to guests too instead of just members?
  2. Should I turn the "gender" profile option into "Role in Flesh Cave", with the options being "Demon", "Seedbed", or "Anyone's guess"?
07-29-2026, 09:53 AM
Larvae: 151
Fertilizations: 1
Joined: Jun 2026
【lonesomebro】
Member
#56

I think the gender profile should remain basic information. Function over form, that sort of thing.

I'm pretty neutral on whether the user profiles are public.

07-29-2026, 10:11 AM
Larvae: 488
Fertilizations: 23
Joined: Feb 2026
【EchelonV】
The King of Bugs
#57

Hmm hard to say on public vs registered for the profile details. I could go either way.

The gender thing is fine with me, since there's some lore jokes already as is haha. Demon, Seedbed, Switch/Both? lol.

[Image: qw4yt6.jpg]
Inyouchuu Lover since ~2005~
07-29-2026, 06:01 PM
Larvae: 714
Fertilizations: 26
Joined: Feb 2026
【Elliemechanical】
Expert Demon Hunter
#58

I'm on the fence, personally. (insert "wooden horse" joke here) On one hand, it would be funny. On the other hand, demon/seedbed is more the Inyouchuufied equivalent of top/bottom or sub/dom rather than being directly linked to gender identity. I'm sure there's some demon who'd gladly make a seedbed out of a sufficiently cute boy for instance.

So I might just add it as a secondary option at some point. I had already been planning on adding profile options for liked/disliked content tags in conjunction with fanworks, so "Role in Flesh Cave" could be part of that.

07-30-2026, 07:16 AM
Larvae: 714
Fertilizations: 26
Joined: Feb 2026
【Elliemechanical】
Expert Demon Hunter
#59

Let me openly admit that attachments are now inherently worse after a dive into retheming. On one hand, the full reply composer is no longer a completely horrible experience on mobile. On the other hand, it no longer visually updates at all when you upload an attachment. I'm pretty sure it's just pointing at a table index I forgot to keep, so just hang on tight and I'll fix it up ASAP.

08-11-2026, 08:13 AM
Larvae: 714
Fertilizations: 26
Joined: Feb 2026
【Elliemechanical】
Expert Demon Hunter
#60

In case anyone is wondering, I have terrible executive dysfunction and have struggled a bit to motivate myself to figure out the attachment thing.

Turns out, MyBB's native attachment code is... terrible? You wouldn't necessarily know from looking at a vanilla site, but it's full of kludgy-looking jscript. The code that updates your current total attachment storage literally looks for "first boldface element in the first table cell" to find it. And I can't even figure out how it's deciding where to put the actual attachment list/buttons. Even with my limited experience, I can pretty clearly tell that's not a very maintainable design. Odd thing is that the ajax quick-reply function (which places your new post at the bottom of a thread page without refreshing) does it in a much more sensible way, so it's not like they didn't know how to do it.

I should probably mention that the current system is still functional, it's just kind of broken. The attachment list kicks onto a sidebar of sorts when you attach something. It also seems to be generally troublesome on certain mobile devices, something I'd like to address in more detail later.

Given what we're trying to do with fanart and a wiki, which of course will need image management, I'm sort of thinking it may be time to reimagine the existing attachment system entirely. Have just a list of user-uploaded objects, not tied to a specific thread, with convenient points to upload from. And, of course, a shiny new way to add them to posts and wiki pages:

^3

(That little caret-three will eventually point to user image submission #3, whatever that will be.)

08-18-2026, 07:15 AM
Pages: « Previous
1 … 3 4 5 6 7
Next »
Want to share your thoughts? Make an account here on Inyouchuuverse!
If you're already registered, click here to log in.

Post Tools